Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity

Cats

Share This Article

Easter lilies have been found to be toxic to cats. The primary toxic effects are on the kidneys. Within minutes to hours of ingesting some of the lily plant, a cat may stop eating, begin vomiting, and become dehydrated and lethargic. If no treatment is given, rapid and severe kidney failure occurs in a matter of days. All parts of the lily are considered toxic. If your cat has ingested part of a lily plant, rapid veterinary care is strongly recommended.

For more information, please read the story Easter Lilies - Not Just a Pretty Flower.

Share This Article

Related Articles