111. My cats are my babies. Except I don't have 3 o'clock feedings
112. Real men love cats.
113. the few guys i dated who had cats were more sensitive, quiet shy caring, giving,
114. my husband never liked cats know that he is older we findout how easy is to taker of a cat than a dog. He loves our cat bubba.
115. It's the pseudo-macho man who doesn't like cats. They can't deal with the independent nature of cats and therefore prefer dogs.
116. I think men who like cats are a bonus. Men who like animals in general tend by caring, compassionate and kind for the most part.
117. I certainly hope real men like cats, I have had them all my life. Right now, Ozzie my pecan orchard guardian keeps squirrels away from the trees, when he is not doing that, he sits in my workshop with me and doesn't mind the woodworking tools and noises. We communicate and understand each other quite well.
118. I do not accept the dog-people/cat-people distinction. That being said, it is also true that there are people who are almost pathologically terrified of and in hatred of, cats: condition called "aileurophobia" [my spelling may be off]. I think these folk are more likely to be men. I don't know why this is so; it is simply something I have observed. Men who like cats are less likely to want deference from their women than men who dislike cats. They are less likely to need continuous reassurance, generally speaking. And they are likely to know how to handle fragile things without hurting them. They are also likely to think of their women as cats, but to mean that as a complement. My own man is one of these. He is convinced that I know how to purr. And he never pushes my real pussy-cat off the bed. Best wishes, Mrp.
119. I had cats as a kid, played with them but my dog was my best friend. My wife loved cats all her life, so we had cats and a dog. I put up with them as did the dog, then a stray we named Buster came to live with us. Buster was more like a dog than a cat, if I went on the roof he was there, he slept with us, usually on my arm. He visited most of the neighbors routinely, had breakfast almost every morning with one of the neighbors, everyone loved him. We had him for about five years before he was killed, I cried as I prepared him for burial...a week before that,Lucky, the cat we found along the road as a kitten died after being sick for a year or so. Tough time. We still had Ollie, Ollie lived to be just shy of twenty years old, we got a cat named Gabe to keep Ollie company during his last couple of years. Gabe was a feral cat our vet trapped, meaner than a snake, after neutering he is gentle as can be. We got him after the vet kept him for almost a year. He is a loner and is spoiled but we love him dearly. I am seventy years old and a U.S. Marine circa 1958...I consider myself a real man and I am proud to say I love my cats. They return the love they receive....
120. Well, even though I checked Yes, I dont refer to my cat as Yes. HIs name is Cartman..and then there is Cleopatra, and Beau, and Navarre, and SHelby, Belle, Simon and Eight. Yes, I have 8 cats..and a dog..and some fish.....and a snake....
121. Men who enjoy cats are more thoughtful and loving...I like that!
122. I found men who love cats are very loving patient men.
123. I never liked Cats most of my life. The cat from across the street started to hang out once in awhile and I started taking a likeing to him until he got in a scrape with probably a racoon and didn't make it. Since then I have aquired 2 of my own and they are my babies.I never knew what I was missing and couldn't live without them. They only go outside with me and my wife on a leash everyday and don't mind it. They are well takin care of and are just like children.
124. i am 43 and male.own 2 serengeti females and they are my "baby girls."i think it is more a control issue more than anything with pets.a more controlling personality is a "dog person" and one less so is a "cat person".my two girls follow me room to room(but not underfoot),greet me after work,wake me up everyday(no alarm anymore),play fetch and come running at a whistle from me or my wife.
125. Cats are great companions
126. Men and cats...same as men with ANY type of pet-dog,cat-to have,and show love and care for a pet--to me ,THAT is one of my definations of "being a real man". In my opinion(and proven in my 44 young years)-a man who has no respect,love,caring,consideration for,bond with,ANY pet ,or animal-is not a "man" at all.....Daisy E.
127. This above question and the choices for answers don't make any sense!
128. My Husband Loves My 5 Cats. He is allergic to my 4 Persians. His favorite is My Red and White Red Tabby Persian Caesar. He comes home at night from work, grabs Caesar and proudly walks around the house with him every night.Then he pets and talks to him. I am still amazed that he takes all 5 of my kitties so well. Our 5th one is a Cornish Rex, Cleopatra who lords over all including Him!
129. I absolooooootly agree with her!
130. My boyfriend is a prior service ReCon Marine and his favorite cat of all time was a 4 lb. fluffy Tortie Point Himalayan. I fell in love with him because he is manly enough to proudly carry around a tiny furball and admit that she had him wrapped around her fluffy little paw. OOORRRAAAHHHH and MMMMEEEEOOOOOWWWWW!
131. some like cats
132. My ex-boyfriend helped me find my fantastic cat at a shelter where he had gotten his cat. The relationship didn't work out, but I did get a great kitty! Even though he turned out to be a loser, he did own a cat and was a real man. Also had another boyfriend who loved his cat probably more than he loved me, and he was a macho contruction type guy.
133. Was a definite "turn-on" when I met my now husband and he said he liked cats. Would not have married a man that didn't
134. I do not think the majority of men take care of cats as well as women, but the ones that do are great feline owners.
135. I don't trust anyone of any gender unless they like cats. My husband loves our 5 cats and is a kind, sweet and compassionate masculine man. I know many men who love cats and they're the best.
136. I have loved cats all my life. When I was dating, any man showing hostility to my cats or who told me he "hated cats" or "didn't like animals" was shown to the door. Please pass this on (for men and women): any one who resents your animal companions (or children) because they don't want to share your affections should be DROPPED LIKE A HOT ROCK. Too often I hear or read stories about an anguished woman whose boyfriend has maimed or killed her cat or dog or the animal has suspiciously disappeared. Almost always, she admits the guy had a problem with jealousy that she overlooked because she "loved" him. I know this is more than you asked for but please consider sharing it with your readers. Anyone who expects you to give up a cherished animal companion because of their own self-centeredness has a serious character flaw which should give you good warning as to who will always come first in a permanent relationship. I have personally known women and men who have saddled themselves with mates like this - and women of this nature are just as cruel and mean-spirited as the men. Anyway, thanks for lettig me vent. I really enjoy your website.
137. The vet technician is right! I find out what a prospective date feels about cats early on and it does make a difference in the type of person he is. Cat lovers are intelligent, patient, observant, kind...rather like cats themselves.
138. I totally agree that real men love cats!
139. It took about 10 years for my husband to come to understand cats. Now he takes ours for walks and even on vacation in our motor home. Bodhi, our cat is a very important member of our family.
140. My husband said I wasn't allowed to get a cat...I brought one home that I saw being born. I waited till it was 5 weeks old and my husband fell in love with her. That was 16 years ago....We now have 3.
141. When we were first dating my husband, an avid hunter, referred to cats as "targets". I was horrified that he could make such a cruel statement about the animals I love so much. Came to find out he had never really known a cat. After he became acquainted with my twelve and fourteen year old feline family members he felt ashamed that he had made such a statement. He buys cat toys as Christmas presents for the cats along with the other animals that share our home.
142. If a man doesn't like my cats then I am not interested in him. I am with a man now who is totally in love with my cats and is amazing with them and that tells a lot about his personality.
143. That question does not make sense. How do you refer to your cat? What is that supposed to mean? It does not matter whether it is a man or a woman--epople who only like dogs and NOT cats are people who require dominance over other living things. These individuals cannot handle ambiguity, and they often less trusting and more suspicious than epople who love cats.
144. I had two doga...married a man with a cat. He (the man) is the most thoughtful and caring man on the planet. Not to mention, he doesn't smoke, chew, or spit; has all his own teeth, and has a job. I can guarantee that of all male cat owners - dog owners, no guarantee!
145. Men that have or like cats are more sensitive and understanding
146. I'm not sure I understand question 1, but I think it means that you openly state you have cats. Re men and cats -- some men were raised in dog families which explains their problem. But some men just don't like cats period and I don't like such men. Men who like cats are more intellectual and compassionate towards people and animals. I refer you to the book "The Cat Inside" by William Boroughs.
147. Men who don't like cats are probably controlling jerks. I'm a man and have 47 cats that I rescued and I feel that most men that profess to hate cats are trying to play like they are some kind of tough guy that thinks they are too cool to love a cat.
148. My husband now owns a coffee mug that says real men like cats :)
149. Question 1 made no sense....Yes real men can own and love cats!!! My husband loves our Bengal mix Dulcie Bell and calls himself Daddy to her. Of course I am Momma
150. I like people who love cats
151. My b/f turned into a cat lover when we got a kitten that was a stray and it actually changed my boyfriend for the good, and we got closer also.
152. The vet tech is absolutely right. Men who are subjects of cats (because no one "owns" cats) have a different way of viewing everything in life. It is more nuanced, understanding, and kind, not to mention loving and compassionate.
153. Question 1: I refer to my cat by many names truffles ( her name), pumkinhead, pussykins, naughty kitty- to name few. Qestion 2: They need to understand that all my animals are part of my family. Love me love my animals. If a person thinks that animals are germy , then they must think that people are really clean. I dated a guy that thought even touching an animal constituted immediate handwashing, in the meantime he never washed his hands after using the facilities and ate out in places I would consider less than clean. Needless to say, it did not last. The current boyfriend loves our dog, but the cat is stil shy around him.
154. rug rats
155. I have 4 cats, all spayed females with all claws that are indoor cats exclusively. I have been around cats since I was a kid on a farm that my parents rented. I'm 54 years old now and firmly believe that cat owners are more in tune with the feelings of others. Dogs are slavishly obedient, which is okay, but cats give love on their own terms, which is the way it should be. Cat owners can sense how their cats feel, and vice-versa.
156. I think your vet tech friend has it absolutely right.
157. The ultimate hunter killer? Come on!
158. Men that like cats are nonjudgemental
159. Absolutely, I love men who love cats!
160. Real men do love cats. Men who love cats are more sensitive and understanding, less "macho" perhaps, but more genuinely manly.
161. I don't trust any man who hates cats (or any critter, for that matter)...if he loathes an animal that much...watch out!
162. My husband is the BEST! I have been a foster mom and in rescue for over 8 years. He has seen kitties come and go. He accepts them, plays with them, and yes, gives them kisses. So, my guy loves cats! Even though he says he does not!
163. I am a married man and have two cats, I think the reason they came is because as a couple we made some decisions together that made sense for us to own cats. Probably if I were single now I wouldn´t own pets for that matter, just because of fear to have to take care of something.
164. Question 1 makes no sense. Absolutely real men like cats, if not they are unworthy of notice.
165. I agree that men who own/love cats are a much better compagnion: more intuitive, compassionate, sensual and understanding. I would never be found in the company of a catless man!
166. Some men like cats, just like there are some women like cats and some that won't have them. That is their choice. I know men who really like cats as their pets.
167. My husband loves our two cats and he was a dog person. He sits with the boy kitty and watches football! They watch it together on the couch. The cat seems to know when it's football time with just "the guys".
168. men that like cats are usually compassionate people
169. I think a man who is a "real" man must love cats!! My late husband wasn't a real cat lover, but he did love the cats that we always had. And one of our cats picked him out as "hers".
170. I used to have a boyfriend he didn't like cats he liked only dogs. He was never around cats.One night in his motor home he tried to hurt a cat I laid into him about. He never did that again. When he meet me I told him You love me you love my cats. My cats were all over him they love him and he fell in love with them to.
171. Some women don't like cats. Men can like cats. There is no gender difference.
172. I've found men who like cats are just nicer people over all. I could never have a serious relationship with anyone who would not accept my cats since they are part of me.
173. men will say they don't like cats,lke my husband, we have three. And I catch him petting them. We had to have one of our cats down, she had kidney failure, He cried as much as I did.
174. First, my question is "what does - how do your refer to your cat?" yes, no, ?? How do I refer what to my cat........ Next, I think men who like cats are more emotionally available. Anyone who says they don't like an animal is not open minded enough. A man who likes a cat is a free thinking, accepting man who knows that all animals are independent and interesting creatures. I could say more, but that's enough for now.
175. I also won't date men who are not cat lovers.
176. My husband has grown to like our two cats. My brother played with my cats when he visited us recently.
177. my husband and I have 6 cats and they want him too play with them after he is home from work !
178. My 73 yr old Mom & 80 yr old Dad, & 2 brothers in their 40's (one at home - one not far away) have had & loved cats for almost 18 years now. The 3 guys are manly men & not ashamed to show their love for the kitties we've had over the years. In fact, my parents one remaining Cat- out of 3, is 18 & has been sick for over a year, but they have taken him to the Vet's twice a week for fluids & weighing & checkups & then blood work, plus twice a month for over a year. But most of all, they plan their days around giving him the med's he needs 4 times a day- every day since over a year ago. (If they go away, I go stay with him just for company :) Even tho we know his time to go is near, the Doc has been sure that he hasn't been suffering, just getting old. They have done everything they could & have spent a fortune to keep him going. He has had a wonderful life since he was adopted from the shelter by my family, & well loved by the whole extended family, but we all will still be devastated when he's gone. My Baby-Girl is 12 now & I lose it just thinking about her getting older like her cousin. So YES- real men love cats!
179. My nephew loves cats. He is a wonderful father and husband. He is very attuned to his family's feelings and needs. I think that men who love cats are great people based on what I have seen.
180. I would much rather date a man that loves cats.
181. I know wonderful men who are reduced to blithering idiots by their cats. It's very charming. Very touching.
182. Yes, real men can own cats. I know several men at work who own cats both at home and at work.
183. Dogs have masters, cats have servants
184. Men who don't like cats have probably never had one and will most likely conform to society's stereotypes about men and quiche, the color pink, the list goes on and on. A man who says he doesn't like cats is not his own man. Cats are just like people, they are all so very different.
185. Cats are for anyone...just depends on the person, not the gender.
186. Twenty years ago when I met my husband, he had never really been around cats. He always had a dog when he was growing up and never really liked cats. A stray kitten came to my apartment and we fed him. He ate everything- from spaghetti to lettuce to beans - everything. So we called him Mikey. My soon to be husband fell in love with him before he fell in love with me. Because of Mikey, he also fell in love with everything cat. We had Mikey for 18 years and every cat that showed up we adopted in one way or the other. We have 8 inside cats that go in our out through the cat door. We also built a cat house with a outside porch and shelves that we feed the feral cats. They number from about 5-8 most of the time with more showing up all the time. My husband wants to take home every cat he sees because of Mikey
187. Real men own cats! My husband is a real man. Not macho, but real!
188. YOUR FIRST QUESTION HAS BAD ANSWERS. I GUESS I REFER TO MY CATS AS A "YES". WE RESCUE, AND MY HUSBAND LOVES THEM ALL. IT IS CROWDED AT NIGHT THOUGH WHEN YOU SHARE YOUR BED WITH 22 CATS! NO WORRIES THOUGH!! firstname.lastname@example.org
189. My husband loves cats and cats love him ! I wouldn't be with any man that hated any animal!!!
190. question doesn't make sense
191. I am 6ft3, weigh 220 lbs, let someone ask me if real men love cats, I own 14 cats and would not take anything for any of them, I am a real man and i do love cats.(Well 2 belong to my daughter and one to my wife, but the rest are mine.) I have two cats that even love working on my old cars with me.
192. They show their masclinenty by not being bother what others say
193. Gentlemen like cats
194. Ernest Hemingway was a cat lover, and about as "macho," as a man can get. Read his bio.
195. I don't think it matters if you love your cat.
196. Like the vet technician, I prefer men who like cats! I certainly won't date a man who doesn't like animals - never sure if I can trust people who don't like animals. They seem to have a vital part that is missing.
197. I think such men are more compassionate and understanding. In fact I am looking for one now.
198. I agree with the vet tech. Men that have cats are more cerebral and much more in touch with their surroundings.
199. My husband loves cats. When we were dating, he had plenty of time to find out! We've been married 38 years and have had many kitties that we've loved so very much, and cried so when they passed on to The Rainbow Bridge.
200. Yes, real men do have and love cats. My husband is a perfect example. One of the best books written on this subject is "My Cat Spit Mcgee" by Willie Morris. He also wrote "My Dog Skip," which was made into a movie by the same name. Moose, who played Eddie on the sitcom "Frasier," shared the role of Skip with his father. Word is that they couldn't stand each other.
201. We have 5 cats indoors and a 140 lb Malamute outside...and they all get along just fine. The cats are the best stress reliever I know after a hard day.
202. I refer to my cat as my daughter. I got her when she was very little. I have had her for 12 years. I consider her a rescue due to the home where I got her from. She is very spoiled. being raised on bottled spring water, having her food warmed up in the microwave, ice put in her water when it gets warm and sharing my electric blanket in the winter time when she gets cold.
204. Men that love cats are more compassionate and thoughtful
205. My husband was once a member of the 'Macho cat hater's club' and I couldn't talk him into allowing me to have a cat. For years, he resisted until one night I was supposed to be going to get Take Out for us and ended up stopping first at the local Pet Shop where a small pitch black Persian female kitten was on display at the entrance. As I up to her cage, she reached her little paw out and snagged my shirt with her tiny claws and looked up at me with those beautiful little kitten eyes and I couldn't leave her there. Yes, I went against my husband's wishes and snuck that little kitten home through the back door along with the Take Out Chicken dinners I'd stopped to purchase on the way home. Must have been the smell of the chicken that made this small black kitten cry so loud. I walked in the back door, kitten in tow along with the Chicken dinners...and I walked right up to my husband and took that little black Persian ball of screaming fluff and placed her defiantly on the lap of my husband, who was sitting comfortably in his Lazy-Boy. That tiny kitten immediately curled up on my rough, tough husband's lap and fell asleep. For 2 hours, my husband didn't move a hair as this little girl wound her way into his heart. He didn't want to disturbe her. I knew she had won the battle I'd fought for years. We named her "Brio" and she was our sweet little furry girl for 15 years. When we had to say farewell to our beautiful Brio, my husband and I shared our deep grief together. We miss her terribly. She changed the heart of a full grown card carrying "cat hater" into a gentle, kind hearted kitty lover....I knew she could do it!
206. Our six cats help keep me humble. I guess we all need that. - John
207. I never trusted a man who hated cats. Cats seem to know who like them and who doesnt and the ones who seem to be afraid of them. And the ones who are afraid of cats are the ones a cat will go to every time.
208. My husband is a pilot with a very high stress job. Our babies (kitties) help him tremendously with regard to relaxing and de-stressing.
209. Why SHOULD men dislike ANY species, especially cats? I work with several "real" men who own and adore cats as well as dogs. Why discriminate? They both have wonderful attributes. My cats are my joy in life--best company, loving and sweet animals. I think cats are for people who THINK.
210. Most men either love them or have no use for them. If the cat endears itself...they say it is like a dog.
211. I have seen several men "discover" cats, and it is a pleasure to watch them fall in love with their cats. Yes, real men do own cats (or allow themselves to be owned by cats. My husband and son are prime examples -- and both are patient, considerate, gentle, responsible, and fun to be with.
212. my dad has always had cats , I have 3 cats and i think they calm me, amuse me, love me, care for me, there is very little up keep. and they will live longer than dogs. that means 3-5 less heartaches in my life when they pass. Brad
213. I know some men that don't like cats and usually they're kind of jerks. My boyfriend has had cats throughout the years and he is SO good with them. He's great with our dog, too, but he and the cat have a special relationship. When the cat wants to rough house, he goes to dad and they just play and play!
214. Its not a dog or cat issue! You either like animals or don't. yes I was a dog person most of my life although my Mother preferred cats. While overseas in the Middle East, I adopted what looked like the ugliest meanest cat I ever did see or rather she adopted me. She promptly provided me with a litter of Kittens after about a month. Three of them and the mother passed away in that unsafe environment where I was living. Anyhow the one offspring remained a calico with the disposition of her mother and a great deal of Persian the other other a scrawny kitten was a stray in an airport Fire station left at about 3 weeks to its own resources. I took it home as I did not want to see it die. Both Wolfie and Alulah have been with me ever since and share our home in Missouri now. Thy are both loving cats in their own way but it has not been an easy journey including our return to the USA. I am now truly a cat person but still love doges as well. I chose not to own one again as I prefer to take good care of the pets I have time space and the the resources to take adequately care of. Although my cats are economy models. I have spent a good sum on them bringing them back from overseas and would not trade them for anything. I guess I have changed my attitude and preference somewhat but I still like all animals regardless.
215. Don't understand your question ..... how do you refer to your cat. As for: Do real men love cats? ABSOLUTELY! Wouldn't be with a man who didn't.
216. Men who do not like cats were probably mice in an earlier life!
217. I am a 47 year old man who has a beautiful wife, 2 kids and 5 cats. By the way I have been a competitive powerlifter for 28 years. I am a 10 time VA State Champion and current National Champion and have owned a cat all of my life. Real men definitely own and love cats.
218. I am a man and am a foster parent to a friends cat. I dated a woman who introduced me to her 3 cats and wouldn't have dated me if the cats had not approved of me or I had disliked cats.
219. The last few men I dated owned cats. I do find that for the most part they are more compassionate, and even seem to have a better sense of humor, than non-cat owners. I've also discovered that men's cats seem to be more verbal than cats that are owned by women.
220. Why does this even have to be a question? I am animal lover, period. I have a cat, and if could, I would dogs, cats, lions, tigers, bears, dolphins... everything possible. Because animals deserve love and most of all respect. So do real men love cats, this real man does.
221. I've been married over 40 years to a man who likes cats. He was surprised to know that I'd not have gone out with him a second time if he'd said he didn't like cats. It's that important.
222. When I was single, I let my cats have the final say on who I dated. If the cats did not like a guy, I trusted their instincts.. and they were always right. The guy they liked the most proposed to me 10 days after we met. We are about to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary... and our current cats live him as much as their predecessors!
223. I have 3 and also foster so he must love cats! and a dog. They are all non negotiable!!!
224. I knew my now husband was the one when he rushed my kitty to an emergency vet at the end of a date and even checked the cat in with his last name.
225. I feel that when a man loves a cat it shows a great deal about him. Shows that he is loving, patient, gental and understanding. It is really attractive when I see a man with a cat and I will not even date a man unless he is a cat lover and knows the cat. I have two very special babies and I have to be careful about who I let around them. Real men love cats.
226. The kindest manliest men I know love cats as well as dogs. Those that do not like cats strike me as having a character flaw. We have a cat as they are quirky, beautiful, affectionate lap warmers with funny, playful personalities that delight to no end! I call our Persian my kitty daughter as that is what she is! I've raised a family, have 2 Grandchildren, have had a cat or more since 1956 as well as dogs but cats win out in my heart and soul!
227. Above is an unclear question. i agree with article. I raised my son as a cat lover. Girls are crazy about him. i would not consider a man unless he liked cas and cat stories as they a main source of entertainment in my life. I am a pet sitter and will pass this on to my cat clients.
228. Real men are cat lovers! It takes a special man to love any animal, cats are no exception.
229. I think that men really like cats.My boyfriend has got one cat named Tuffy and I have 2,Kramer and little Tooey.They get along well together and do we.
230. ANY human being who has an open heart and compassion for an animal is, i feel, more living up to the potential that our creator meant us to use. A man who is not afraid of feeling tenderness towards a cat, is not someone who has to prove what a man he is, and hopefully this openness will infuse everything he is and all beings he relates to..
231. I think your friend is right about men and cats. The one's that don't like cats are one's I stay away from.
232. Cat loving men, in my experience, appear to be more caring than cat haters...and I'de never have one in my home.
233. I too feel that men that own and love cats, are more compassionate and sensitive men.
234. Your first question is impossible to answer. How do I refer to my cat? With yes, no and not sure as the answer? As for men and cats, I would never marry or date a man who didn't like cats, I agree with the vet tech. Our two cats have both won over my husband, who was never a cat hater, but could take them or leave them. I've even caught him playing with our boy cat, a stray we took in about two years ago. I could never live with a man who disliked cats.
235. i've always had dogs but when my last one passed away i was given a kitten a few weeks after to look after and she's 4 now and she's my world simon from england 6'7 & 300bls
236. A lot of people think it's strange for a man to have a cat since cats are usually equated with females in their temperment. My husband, when I met him, had a cate who he loved dearly. It's also a good gauge on what type of character a person has...
237. I agree about men who own cats, they are more patient and compassionate. I think most men don't give cats a chance.
238. We have 2 a female Misty 5 years old and and male Mars 7 years old
239. First, question #1 makes no sense. I think men who like cats are more comfortable and secure in their manhood. Men who like cats are real men!