If you suspect that your pet has been affected by a recalled food, do the following three steps to help your veterinarian with your pet's diagnosis: Retain food samples for analysis.
Document product name, type of product and manufacturing information.
- Retain all packaging.
- Identify date codes or production lot numbers.
- Retain purchase receipts.
Document product consumption.
- Dates products or products were fed.
- Consumption and palatability history.
- Time of onset of clinical signs.
- Detailed dietary history (ie, all products fed and feeding methods).
For more information on the pet food recall, go to Pet Food Recall Update from Dr. Debra.