PetPlace.com Antifreeze Tip for Cats - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Antifreeze Tip for Cats

By: Petplace Staff

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Antifreeze is a common poison. It has a sweet taste and cats will consume it readily. As little as one teaspoonful can be lethal for a 7 pound cat.

Antifreeze poisoning causes nervous systems signs and severe kidney failure. It can be fatal if not treated very soon after ingestion (within 4 to 8 hours). After ingestion, cats may act "drunk" within 30 minutes to 12 hours, depending on the amount ingested. Many times you don't notice these signs after which your cat can act normal as internal organs begin to fail.

For more information, please read the article Ethylene Glycol Toxicosis.

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Cat Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful cat photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Antifreeze Tip for Cats




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me