PetPlace.com Cat vomiting , ate a plant - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Cat vomiting , ate a plant

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

My cat is throwing up clear goo. In the throw up there was a leaf. What should I do? Is it serious?

Jenny Lopez


Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. Your email indicated that your cat is vomiting and one of the vomits had a plant leaf in it.

Do you know what kind of leaf it is? If the leaf is toxic, such as an Easter lily, I'd very concerned. Many cats will eat plants and vomit. If the vomiting continues, I'd recommend seeing your vet immediately.

An article that might be helpful to you is on our Petplace.com is "Dealing with Cats that Eat plants", "Vomiting in Cats" and "Gastritis in Cats"

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra




To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!


Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Cat Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful cat photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Cat vomiting , ate a plant




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me