Do you have or own a cat? PetPlace Readers Speak Out
31. joy an dlots of entertainment
32. MY FAMILY LOVES HAVING PEPE AROUND FOR EVERY OCCASION EVERY MEAL AND EVERY HOLIDAY HE IS A PART OF EVERYTHING WE DO HE EVEN LETS ME KNOW WHEN IT TIME TO GO TO BED
33. My two male cats are part of my family, which consists of my husband and three sons.
34. I am the Housekeeping Staff for my kitty!
35. Actually I'm the bulter ,maid, chef, and warm arms when they want to snuggle. There is no doubt that I'm tolorated until my services are needed again. They love me on their terms and I've accepted that. My two darlings are Smidgeon and Foots.They have 2 deceased siblings that lived into their late teens also very loved and missed. They were Mr. Sam and Smudge.
36. i think its great mine is an indoor cat and he always greets me when iv been out all day he always sits on my lap for a cuddle
37. my cat is my sanity and my little buddy!
38. Sometimes it's more as if the Cat owns me, but as he is a purchased purebred, registered Persian, I guess I "own" him.
39. As a child I always found peace holding and cuddling stray cats. They were a God send. As an adult I am blessed to have them in my life once again. They have been there to help my children find the same peace and reassurance that I found as a child with the strays in my neighbourhood. My daughter still remembers being comforted by our recently departed Mia when she was sad. Look into the eyes of man and see his soul, look into the eyes of a cat and see God.
40. I have 5 cats, they allow me to live with them. I live in the country where the Caracal/Lynx is a threat and I do my utmost to protect my cats, they are on loan to me therefore I must guard them as best I can.
41. Our pets, one dog and two cats, are definitely important parts of our family.
42. I think they own me, and sometimes tolerate me in their home... :). Anyway, as long as I feed them and keep them as safe as I can, as long as they manipulate me to do what they want me to, I'd say I am more like a parent to them - I live with two cats.
43. I have a little girl kitty shes a member of the family and is on the same team as me and my sons so we are a family of 4.
44. Cats are wonderful, most don't have to be walked and they are the perfect pet for the busy person (esp. if you have more than one) because they won't let you forget them, but do enjoy being around people (well mine do).
45. Graci is my first cat, I am 30 years old and acquired her in my last year of graduate school. I have fallen in love with her and she is like my child. My husband feels the same, we have no children and she is our only pet. Needless to say, she is SPOILED!
46. I owned 3 indoor cats and have acquired 9 outside stray cats, which I have had fixed and vaccinated all but 4 of them. The other 4 will be done very soon. Two of the indoor were also strays that I brought in and had fixed and vaccinated. The other one is one that I picked up from the humane society. I guess you could say I am a sucker for cats. I love them all.....
47. I am a parent who loves, shares and enjoys time with Jameson. I teach him and help him grow. I often refer to him as my child because I nurture him to be a wonderful companion and best friend.
48. Cats are the alpha beings in every abode. If they are not, they will not remain--either in body or spirit. A professional photographer, I consider my cats as art objects, or rather, art with hearts! If a cat lies on newspaper, it is a jewel none the less. I prize my cats--and I hope they prize me--for their sensitivity, intelligence and often aloofness punctuated by most welcome moments of neediness!
49. I "have" about 15 indoor-outdoor cats (only half really hang out in the house) and another 5 to 7 cats who actually have another home to go to or who are "neighborhood" cats that hang out in our yard. Do you think it might be the catnip?
50. I HAVE 10 FERALS, RESCUED AS EARLY AS 24 HRS OLD, BOTTLE FED AND HAND RAISED. YOU'D THINK THEY WOULD THINK THEY OWE ME, THAT I OWN THEM. HOWEVER, IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT THEY OWN ME. THE REST OF THE COLONY OF 24, OUTSIDE, FEEL THE SAME WAY. WE OF COURSE TNR! BTW. I SHOULD BE THE ONE WEARING A COLLAR WITH A BELL AROUND MY NECK!LOLOL
51. I used to work at a vet clinic and we always refered to getting a new pet as 'adopting' and adoption makes me a parent.
52. Pure Joy!!!!!
53. I have my cats, they live in my house but they own me. I have their affection but they dictate everything I do. Not that I mind, much. I love them dearly.
54. I don't consider myself too extreme but believe that people that don't like cats are missing a wonderful piece of life. My two bring me immeasurable joy and peace and when I relocate for work, my biggest concern is how to minimize the impact on them. Finding a GREAT vet quickly, a home they can enjoy too and feel safe in, towing a trailer so the car ride over distance is comfortable for them, they are part of my family and I am honored that they both chose me.
55. You can not own a cat, dogs have masters, cats have personal care givers.
56. My 2 cats are like real children to me. I talk to them, take care of them, teach them.... well, mostly I feel like I'm their mom!
57. "the cats have me" is more like it
58. I have a 2 cats, Sam and Ossie, they lay where they want sleep where they want. If they are asleep in my chair I sit in another. My husband and I have actually given up our easy chairs for the sofa because one cat was asleep in his chair and the other in mine.
59. I refer to my cat as my baby boy. I love him so much.
60. IT IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.