Do you have or own a cat? PetPlace Readers Speak Out
61. Our 2 cats are generally referred to as 'furkids'. Our kids are grown and our cats become our source of laughter, and unabashed love. They, however, let it be known we are human, and therefore, 'allow' us into their catworld if they so choose.
62. I am a caretaker of cats. We have 2 indoor darling and a family of 7 brother and sisters, the momma and what I believe is the daddy I call grampa because he is a big tom with sad eyes :)
63. Cats pick their beans so it makes sense they we are not the owner but the parent.
64. My cats are my kids, and I love and protect them as I would a child.
65. I have 3, and I foster for the MSPCA which means I currently have a mom and her 5 babies living in my second bathroom for a couple of months. Love them all!
66. I think my two cats own me! Heaven knows they have trained me very well! I wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING - they give me much love and pleasure, sometimes when I need it most, or, when I don't! Besides, I don't think anyone actually owns a cat - no matter how much they may hjave paid for them.
67. Are you kidding? Dogs have owners-- cats have staff! No self-respecting cat would admit to anything else!
68. I HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO SHARE GREAT TIMES WITH MANY WONDERFUL FELINES OVER THE YEARS. WHEN ONE OR TWO ROAD WHIPPED TRAVELERS STOPPED FOR AWHILE...USUALLY SKITTISH, STARVED MAYBE INJURED OR PREGNANT...THEY ARE TENDED TO..CARED FOR AND LOVED, AS MUCH AS THEY WILL LET YOU..IT IS THEIR CHOICE. SOME OF THEM STAYED AND SHARED THEIR INCREDIBLE LOVING PERSONALITIES...AND SOME MOVED ON RESTLESSLY, AS IF ON A QUEST TO FIND SOMEONE OR SOMETHING. SOME STAYED AND SHARED THEIR ENTIRE LIVES...CATS SEEM TO PICK WHERE AND WHO THEY WANT TO BE WITH.....I ALWAYS FEEL BLESSED WHEN A CAT CHOOSES TO BE MY FRIEND...IT IS MAGICAL. S.A. LARGO
69. While my cat probably disagrees, I own my cat.
70. i have 4 and they are my babies
71. Actually neither. Our cat owns us. She found us while she was looking for a family to take care of. She lets us pretend she's our little kitty girl, but she owns us, she's training us and according to her we have a long way to go.
72. They have been my heartfelt companions. Always there for me through good times and bad. I say goodbye when I leave the house and yell "Mom's home" at the end of the day.
73. Truthfully, I'm not sure who's in charge around here sometimes! Me or the cat! I love my orange tabby named Daisy. After having lost a cat who was 18 1/2 years old, I was so sad. I adopted Daisy & have thoroughly enjoyed her special personality. She always makes me smile when I see her!
74. I have the privilege of sharing my life with 2 Russian Blue felines - sister & brother - they are the light of my life and when I have a few extra dollars, I spend them on treats & toys for the Kits.
75. I never thought I would fall so in love with cats! I was a dog person, but it's true, cats pick you!!! I got my Cyrano in 1994 when we lived in NYC. I didn't want a cat, but we were worried about rodents living above a pizza place. We bonded instantly & I had to bring to NJ for Christmas because my roomates were going home to CA. Growing up, we didn't have pets. Not only did he change my life, but he changed my whole family! He also is a hero! When he was sick, I was assulted and he did everything to protect me from my attacker! He his still going strong!
76. dogs have masters Cats have staff. No one can own a cat, if the think they do, they will quickly be shown who really is the BOSS of the house!
77. My guys are members of the family. I don't use the word 'own' to describe our relationship. I will say I 'have' cats sharing my space. And I do call them my 'fur children'.
78. I have 6 cats! I am their mother. They call me mom, They bring me so much joy everysay, I can't imagine having house with no cats, on 2nd thought, a home without cats is just a house. No reason to come home.
79. Cats as a rule owner us as humans. Think about how outdoor cats have more than one family that they go and eat and maybe stay a while.
80. I have three cats and they all own me
81. My four cats are family, not like family, just...family. So, I do have pets, and, I'm a pet parent, just like I have children and I'm their parent... We truly are one big happy family, fur and all!
82. The cats wear the pants in the family...
83. I consider my cats to my kids.
84. nobady truely owns a cat, cats own you.
85. The cats (all 3 of them) have my husband and I. We refer to ourselfs as mom and dad at home. (we have no human kids yet)
86. I have two cats. They are both girls. I think the world of them. Iam taking them to Florida for 5 months. Their airfare costs more than mine.
87. The cat owns me
88. Cats definitely fall in to the unowned category. We are their guardians, parents, caretakers... but not owners. They have their favorite humans, for sure, and will sometimes be persuaded by them, but on the whole, I think, they will do what they want.
89. cats "OWN" their owners. They mark us like we are their property. Just like when we take a big marks a lot and put our name on our property.
90. they are like my children.