Giving medication to a cat can be a real challenge. Here are some tips from our veterinarians and veterinary technicians on how to give your cat pills, topical, liquid, ear, and eye medication to your cat.
How do you make your cat take a pill or liquid medication? How how about applying topical medications?
Giving medication to a cat can be a real challenge. Here are some tips from our veterinarians and veterinary technicians on how to give your cat pill medication, topical medication, liquid medication, ear medication, and eye medication to your cat.
I've found that a lot of people hate it just as much as their cats do! Unfortunately most cats need some kind of medication at least once in their lives so today I want to share some resources which can make the process much easier. How to Administer Pill Medication to Your Cat
- This article has some very good tips on how to get your cat to swallow pills. How to Apply Topical Medication to Your Cat
- Learn how to apply topical medication with the least amount of stress to your cat. How to Administer Ear Medication to Your Cat
- Many pets are especially fussy when it comes to medications for ear mites and ear infections so these tips are very useful. How to Administer Eye Medication to Your Cat
- These medications can be a real challenge but a few shortcuts can make giving them easier. How to Administer Liquid Medication to Your Cat
. Many antibiotics come in liquid form which work great for small cats. Here are some tips. How to Give Injectable Medication to Your Cat
- This isn't common but occasionally veterinarians will prescribe injectable medications that you give at home. Learn more here.
For pets that are really impossible to pill - you can get Flavored Medications for Cats
These instructions are worth printing and keeping in a first aid or health file for your pet. You never know when you will need it.
One more thing. You should only give your cat medications that your veterinarian has approved. Giving "human" medicines to your cat can be very dangerous.
I hope these tips help you give your cat different types of medications weather in liquid, pill, or topical forms.