Our question this week was:Dear Dr. Debra, I live in Cyprus with a cat and a dog. Recently, poisoned food was spread around in several areas close to my house, where we always walk the dog and where the cat normally roams freely. My dog accidentally ate it and was badly poisoned. Fortunately we got her to the vet on time and she is still alive. However, I do not want this to ever happen again. My cat is now grounded and not happy about that at all (he loves to go outside). How can I avoid that my cat and dog eat poisoned food when they are outside? Specifically for my cat I don't know what to do (the dog might wear a muzzle on walks).
Hi – thanks for your email. The best way to prevent this (the only way) is to prevent your cat from having access to the food. The best way to do that is to keep your cat inside.
Best of luck!
To read most recent questions Click here!Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!