Our question this week was:Dr. Debra – my cat ingested an Amaryllis leaf. My neighbor gave it to me as an early Christmas present. She seems fine. Is it toxic?
Hi – thanks for your email. You wrote asking if Amarylllis is toxic. It can be toxic to some cats. Ingestion of Amaryllis can result in vomiting, diarrhea, depression, lack of appetite, tremors, drooling and abdominal pain in some cats. Keep a close eye on her and call your vet if you notice any symptoms or problems.
A couple articles that might be helpful to you are Toxicity of Holiday Plants
, Toxicity of 20 Common Houseplants
and Dealing with Cats that Eat Plants
Best of luck!
To read most recent questions Click here!Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!