Are you cat crazy? Do you love your cat? Do you try to do the very best for your cat? Are you a responsible cat owner? Do you know what a responsible cat owner does?
Have you ever heard your friends or neighbors say..."If I die and come back as a cat, I hope I come back as [YOUR cat]?"
If so, take our PetPlace PetCrazy Cat Owner Pledge! Promise your cat that you will try to be the very best owner that you can be! As a responsible PetCrazy cat owner, I pledge to:
1. Monitor my pet daily for any early signs of illness including not eating, not drinking, acting lethargic, weakness, lameness, itching, any change or increase in drinking or urinating, difficulty breathing, bad breath, abnormal or foul smelling skin, obvious masses or tumors, difficulty urinating or defecating, vomiting or diarrhea.
2. See or call my veterinarian immediately if I suspect a problem with my pet. I will not delay consultation.
3. I will do all that I can to ensure good preventative health care for my pet including recommended exams, vaccinations, heartworm prevention, health screenings, dental care and use of flea and tick control products if needed. I'll consult with my veterinarian for additional recommendations for my cat based on my geographical location as well as the health and age of my cat.
4. I'll ensure my pet is properly identified at all times with a collar, tag and/or microchip.
5. I will follow local laws regarding licensing.
6. I'll feed my cat a premium high-quality cat food.
7. Ensure my cat has plenty of fresh clean water at all times.
8. I will play with my cat every day for at least 20 minutes and give plenty of opportunities for exercise and mental stimulation.
9. I will keep my yard and home "pet safe" by minimizing dangers and toxins that can be unsafe to my pet. For a list of toxins and dangers, click here
10. I will regularly groom my cat and ensure he looks his best at all times. This may mean routine combing and brushing, nail trims and even periodic baths.
11. I'll spend at least 10 minutes every day to make sure my cat knows he is special. This may be special bonding time consisting of playing, petting or talking.
12. I will work to ensure my cat is properly behaved. This may include keeping him off food counters and tables.
13. I'll never hit or strike my cat. I will work to reward good behavior rather than punish bad behavior.
14. I'll provide my cat with a warm, dry and safe place to live, sleep and play. The environment will be comfortable, clean and neither too hot nor too cold.
15. I'll ensure that my cat has plenty of opportunities to urinate and defecate that allows him to be comfortable and compliant to house rules. I'll ensure that his litter box is cleaned at least once (or preferably twice) daily.
16. I will always love my cat as unconditionally as he loves me.Signed