PetPlace.com Tip on Preventing Mothball Toxicity - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tip on Preventing Mothball Toxicity

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Mothballs can be toxic to cats. Mothballs are generally used to repel moths that destroy clothing. Mothballs contain naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene. These ingredients can be formulated into cakes, balls, or flakes. As little as one mothball can potentially result in significant illness in an average-sized cat.

Depending on the amount ingested signs of toxicity include: lethargy, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, lack of appetite, seizures and/or coma.

Keep mothballs or moth prevention products stored away from your kitty.

For more information mothball ingestion, please read Moth Repellent Product Poisonings.

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Cat Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful cat photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Tip on Preventing Mothball Toxicity




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me