PetPlace.com Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity

By: PetPlace Veterinarians

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Easter lilies have been found to be toxic to cats. The primary toxic effects are on the kidneys. Within minutes to hours of ingesting some of the lily plant, a cat may stop eating, begin vomiting, and become dehydrated and lethargic. If no treatment is given, rapid and severe kidney failure occurs in a matter of days. All parts of the lily are considered toxic. If your cat has ingested part of a lily plant, rapid veterinary care is strongly recommended.

For more information, please read the story Easter Lilies - Not Just a Pretty Flower.


Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Cat Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful cat photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me