PetPlace.com Antifreeze Tip - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Antifreeze Tip

By: PetPlace Veterinarians

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Antifreeze is a common poison. It has a sweet taste and pets will consume it readily. A little more than 3 tablespoons could be lethal for a 22 pound (10 kg) dog.

Antifreeze poisoning causes nervous systems signs and severe kidney failure. It can be fatal if not treated very soon after ingestion (within 4 to 8 hours). Pets that have ingested antifreeze may act "drunk" within 30 minutes to 12 hours after ingestion, depending on the amount ingested.

For more information, please read the article Ethylene Glycol Toxicosis.

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Antifreeze Tip




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me