PetPlace.com Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?

By: Dr. Jon Rappaport

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?

Patricia Jensen


Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. You asked if ant traps are toxic. The answer is that most ant traps are not toxic to dogs. The biggest problem from the traps is the dogs that eat the plastic or metal trap themselves that can cause parts to get caught in the stomach or intestine creating a "foreign body" problem. Call the 1800 number on the box to be sure.

Best of luck!

Dr. Jon







To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Jon Questions and Answers!




Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me