PetPlace.com Are raisins toxic? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Are raisins toxic?

By: Dr. Jon Rappaport

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

Someone told me their dog ate some raisins and died? Is this possible?

Jason A. - Virginia Beach, VA


Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. Yes, raisins and grapes both are toxic. In fact, on a per weight bases, raisins are thought to be 4 to 5 times more toxic. Not all pets are affected. To be safe, don't feed grapes or raisins to your dog in any quantity.

An article that might be helpful to you is Grape and Raisin Toxicity in Dogs.

Best of luck!


Dr. Jon




To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Jon Questions and Answers!




Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Are raisins toxic?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me