PetPlace.com Are rhododendron plants toxic to dogs? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Are rhododendron plants toxic to dogs?

By: Dr. Jon Rappaport

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

Dr. Jon – are rhododendron plants toxic to dogs?

Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. You wrote asking rhododendron plants are toxic to dogs? The answer is...yes, they can be. However, they are considered relatively mild although some dogs can be severely affected.

Ingestion of rhododendrons generally causes drooling and sometimes vomiting. Basically they cause oral irritation. Some pets can develop severe vomiting and diarrhea. Generally, the treatment is supportive – with fluid therapy and medications to control vomiting. Most dogs recover fine with supportive care.

An article that might be helpful to you is Toxic Plants.

Best of luck!

Dr. Jon







To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Jon Questions and Answers!




Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Are rhododendron plants toxic to dogs?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me