PetPlace.com Are Roses toxic to dogs? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Are Roses toxic to dogs?

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Hi – thanks for your email. You wrote asking if Roses are toxic to dogs. There are no toxic ingredients in roses that are life threatening however the fleas can cause oral and gastric irritation. Some dogs will drool and vomit.

I'd recommend that you rinse her mouth to help get any plant material and the "taste" out of her mouth. Also, make sure that she has no continued exposure to the plant.

Generally most dogs feel better after they vomit and get the plant out of their system. If the vomiting continues, please call your veterinarian for examination.

An article that might be helpful to you is Toxicity of Common Cut Flowers.

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Are Roses toxic to dogs?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me