How much do you know about dogs? Dogs are wonderful pets and their actions and behaviors are sometimes mysterious. Here is a simple quiz to test your dog IQ. 1. A human can hear things about 25 yards away. A dog can hear things
a. 50 yards away
b. 100 yards away
c. 250 yards away
d. 1000 yards away2. Puppies like to chew slippers, toys, newspapers, and other objects. This is because
a. Growing puppies
are supposed to explore everything.
b. When they are teething, puppies need to chew on tough objects to help the new teeth break through.
c. Puppies are learning to be hunters
d. All of the above3. True or False. When a dog wags his tail that means he is friendly.
b. False4. The best way to protect yourself from a "dog attack" is to
a. Turn your back and run
b. If a dog approaches to stiff you - run
d. Remain motionless, hands at your sides, and avoid eye contact with the dog5. What are some common reasons that dog "Attack" a person or child?
a. Dominance and territoriality - the will to control and protect resources
b. Through fear - for reasons of self-protection
c. Fear predatory reasons - when the so-called "prey drive" is activated.
d. All of the above6. How can you tell when your dog wants to play?
a. He barks with a very deep bark
b. He lowers his front half while keeping his rear end high in the air.
c. He paws at the ground
d. He stretches out on his bed and takes a nap7. Being a responsible dog owner means
a. Making sure your dog has food and water
b. Making sure you play with him a lot
c. Making sure you give him plenty of exercise
d. All of the above8. How does a dog "See"?
a. Dogs also see colors differently than we do and function much like a color blind individual with difficulty distinguishing between close shades.
b. Dogs see only in black and white
c. Dogs see in full color
d. Dogs see only neon or very bright colors9. How does a dog "Taste"?
a. Dogs have 10 times more taste buds than humans
b. Dogs have the same number of taste buds as humans
c. Dogs have 1/5 the number of taste buds as humans
d. Dogs have about 1/20 the number of taste buds as humans10. How good is a dog's sense of "smell"?
a. Most dogs don't smell very well
b. Dogs can't smell at all – they can only sense the air flow
c. Dogs have approximately 40 times more smell sensing cells than humans
d. Dogs have approximately 10 times more smell sensing cells than humansAnswers:
1. The answer is C. A dog can hear things 250 yards away.
2. The answer is D. All of the above.
3. The answer is B. False. A wagging tail does not mean a dog is friendly.
4. The answer is D. Remain motionless, hands at your sides, and avoid eye contact with the dog. Once the dog loses interest in you, slowly back away until he is out of sight.
5. The answer is D. All of the above are reasons dogs will attack a person or child.
6. The answer is B. Your pup may lower his front and keep his tail in the air to let you know he wants to play.
7. The answer is D. You will need to feed him, play with him and give him exercise to keep him healthy and happy.
8. The answer is A. Dogs also see colors differently than we do and function much like a color blind individual with difficulty distinguishing between close shades.
9. The answer is C. Compared to humans, dogs have approximately 1/5 the number of taste buds.
10. The answer is C. Dogs are known for their super keen sense of smell. Dogs are reported to have approximately 40 times more smell sensing cells in their nasal passages than we do.