PetPlace.com My dog ate a brownie – will he be okay? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

My dog ate a brownie – will he be okay?

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

Hi Dr. Debra – my dog is about a 45-pound lab cross. He just ate one brownie – it was about 2 inches x 3 inches. What should I do?

Sarah B, Lima Ohio


Answer

Hi – thanks for your email Sarah. I think your dog will be okay. One brownie is generally not a problem for most dogs. Chocolate can be toxic in either large amounts or especially the baking chocolate. The may have vomiting or diarrhea just from having a different type of food but I would not expect signs of "chocolate toxicity".

An article that might be helpful to you is Chocolate Toxicity.

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra


To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
My dog ate a brownie – will he be okay?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me