Our question this week was:I think that my pug has been poisoned, he is bleeding from the rectum and I can't get him to eat or drink, I don't know what to do, can you please help me?
Hi Paygne – this sound serious! You need to take your dog to your local veterinarian or local emergency clinic right away!
The most common toxic that can cause bleeding is rat poisons – for more information on this go to Anticoagulant Rodenticide Toxicosis in Dogs
. Has he had any exposure to rat poison? If so, find the package if possible and take it with you when you go to your vets office.
However, there are other causes for rectal bleeding. See this article for other causes – Go to Hematochezia in Dogs
(Blood in Stool).
Best of luck!
To read most recent questions Click here!Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!