PetPlace.com My lab came home drooling and clumsy – why? - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

My lab came home drooling and clumsy – why?

By: Dr. Jon Rappaport

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print


Our question this week was:

We left our 6-year-old Labrador retriever for a few hours this morning and when we got back, he was sick (both ends), drooling, and seemed sort of clumsy. We have contacted 2 vets (we are vacationing in the Mountains), but have not heard back. What do you think is wrong??

Karin Annexstad


Answer

Hi Karin – thanks for your email. I'm not sure what is wrong but it sound serious. I'd recommend heading for your closest veterinarian or veterinary emergency clinic.

I'd worry about a few things- first of all is a toxin of some sort such as Antifreeze. Antifreeze can be very toxic and fatal if untreated.

Other toxins can also cause vomiting and diarrhea and the stumbling could be due to weakness.

Regardless, this sounds serious.

Articles that might be helpful to you are Ethylene Glycol Toxicosis in Dogs and Poisoning in Dogs – What You Should Know.

Best of luck!


Dr. Jon




To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Jon Questions and Answers!




Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
My lab came home drooling and clumsy – why?




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me