Petplace Owners Speak out on Pet Marriage!
By: Petplace Staff
Read By: Pet Lovers
70. They are not people, they are animals.
71. IT'S NOT NORMAL
72. Its stupid
73. you have got to be kidding! stupid
74. Marriage is for humans who can fully express and understand what a marriage means. While I think that dogs can show love and affection toward one another, marriage means more then that. It should be viewed as a sacred union not something for animals.
75. I think it is silly. Dogs are not people, although many people love their dogs as they would a child. You have to consider the species and the difference between animal and human.
77. this should be an open marriage and not a real one
78. Way over board. Spend your money on something good like a stray animal or orphaned child
79. I love my dogs, but come on!
80. Yes I do I think it is absolutely ridiculous and i really don't think that dogs want to be dressed up in little dresses and suits and i highly doubt that the dogs can understand the vows and such .
82. Donate the cost of the wedding to an animal shelter.
83. if a person wants to spend the time and money on it I thinks it's fine.
84. Its dumb
85. The idea is ludicrous!
86. Its just cute to see them all dressed up!
87. It's a stupid people trick and devalues true marriage.
88. Stupid idea - dogs do not mate for life
90. It's silly! Can they have more than one dog mate? I mean usually you have one male dog to several female and what about stud dogs that hire out for breeding? Would they be considered gigilos?
91. Projecting our selves on the dogs or a tongue in cheek excuse for a social event.
92. I agree with your points on this topic.
93. I think it would be cute to have a doggie wedding just for fun. I have a friend who has a dog whom we call my dog's girlfriend and I think it would be neat to have a little wedding for them.
94. it's not a big deal either way...as long as it doesn't hurt the dogs
95. have they lived together first?
96. dumbest thing I have ever heard
97. this is insane
98. You've got to be kidding! Some people need a real life. The groom will be chasing the next bitch running the neighborhood anyway.
99. very strange
100. Dogs are supposed to be our best friends, why would we do that to them? :o)
101. these are not people they are dogs, what a waste of money
102. I think it's cute and HARMLESS. It's just another way of being devoted to your animals. And if people are having their pets get married for their own desire for commitment, let them. If it makes them feel better, then all the better!
103. Dogs are pack animals, one mail can have as many as 20 females, and even though there are other males only the alpha dogs breed, doesn't fit the human marriage standard in my opinion
104. Waste of money, making Dogs do something unnatural for them, the cost, crazy
105. Dogs need the money spent on a "wedding: spent on things like proper training, food and if they have all that how about sharing with these less fortunate dogs.
106. A cute idea...not really socially necessary I guess...but cute just the same
107. Have we completely lost it?
108. it's stupid
109. It is for the humans the dogs could care less
110. When I was a kid we dressed our dogs up and had a pretend wedding.
111. I think its nuts, I think they are missing the point of animals, what they are and what they do on this earth. I also think the owners are going to be very upset when either the male or the female when one or the other wants to have an affair with Bubba or Maggie next door.
112. It's ignorant as it makes a big joke of the real institution of marriage, and I would NEVER attend one.
113. When dogs learn to talk, ask their opinion.
114. ya they should be able to get married by law
115. it's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard and i'm really surprised it's discussed on this otherwise great website.
116. It's silly, but perhaps fun.
117. its cool
118. It's just silly fun
119. Obviously this is just for fun, right? I guess it 's okay, I mean we have birthday parties for dogs; as long as it is done in fun.
120. I do think if dogs can get married gay people can too
121. What are the legal implications of this union? Is it legal or is it just a "commitment ceremony" to publicly express "love"?
122. who gets the house and pups when they get divorce and is there pup support ?
123. Marriage is a sacred vow that people take in front of God and their families. I feel that this is just societies way of desensitizing people even more to the meaning of marriage. It's cute now, but lets not forget what marriage is all about.
124. It's a silly creation by yuppy idiots
125. I would rather same the money
126. Do they even know or care that they are getting married? Isn't it mainly for the owners reasons to have the "Dog or Pet Wedding?" I am sure my animals wouldn't care if I married them off they would still act like my same loving pets!!
127. There are enough human crises in world extra money could go towards.
128. I think it sounds very dumb to have a wedding for a pet. I know people love their dogs but they have no idea what's going on when you do things like that.
129. while my dog likes wearing clothes I think I'd get the "my owner has finally gone off the deep end" look from my pup if I ever put him in a doggy wedding
130. Funny, ha ha, our dogs are married. The end. Actually inviting people to a ceremony, spending hard earned money on something that is so insane. I think someone is trying to live out their life's dreams via their pooch. Poor dog.
131. why the hell not ...
132. It might be a fun party theme but the money spent I think would be better donated to spay/neuter or no kill foundations
133. its stupid... we joke that the dog next store is our dogs Girlfriend, but marriage! too far
134. Why not ... if it makes the owner and the pooch happy, I think its a great idea!
135. WHY, when it is time to mate, they are not monogamous
136. why? do they really know they are committed for life
137. Anthropomorphicism gone mad!
138. Dumb idea, these people need to get a life. I have 7 dogs and I love them dearly, but really, they are DOGS.
139. it seems a bit weird though i am an avid dog lover