PetPlace.com Preventing Mothball Toxicity in Dogs - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Preventing Mothball Toxicity in Dogs

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Mothballs can be toxic to pets. Mothballs are generally used to repel moths that destroy clothing. Mothballs contain naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene and can be formulated into cakes, balls, or flakes. As little as one mothball can potentially result in significant illness in a small dog or an average-sized cat.

Keep all mothballs stored away from your dog. Depending on the amount ingested and the size of your dog, signs of toxicity include: lethargy, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, lack of appetite, seizures and/or coma.

For more information mothball ingestion, please read Moth Repellent Product Poisonings.

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Preventing Mothball Toxicity in Dogs




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me