PetPlace.com Rodenticide Poisoning in Dogs - Page 6

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Rodenticide Poisoning in Dogs

By: Dr. Ann Marie Manning

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Prevent exposure to the poisons. Do not place any type of rodenticide in areas that are accessible to pets. If rodenticide poisoning is witnessed or suspected, take your pet to your veterinarian for treatment immediately. If you anticipate the trip to your veterinarian's office will take longer than one hour, call ahead for tips to induce vomiting at home.

Bring any rodenticide containers and labels to your veterinarian for ingredient identification. This allows proper treatment to be initiated immediately and effectively.

Administer any prescribed medications such as Vitamin K1 as directed by your veterinarian. Give only the Vitamin K that is directed by your veterinarian. The Vitamin K from health food store is different and will not help your pet. Give the Vitamin K for the full length as determined by your veterinarian as bleeding my reoccur if stopped to soon (often 2 to 5 weeks). Follow-up for repeat blood testing. It is recommended to repeat a clotting time 48 hours after the last dose of vitamin K1 to ensure that the toxin is out of your pets system.


Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print
Keep reading! This article has multiple pages.

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Rodenticide Poisoning in Dogs




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me