PetPlace.com Spider Bite Tips - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Spider Bite Tips

By: PetPlace Staff

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Black widows and brown recluse are both venomous spiders. Black widow spider venom is a nerve toxin. One bite can be sufficient to severely affect or even kill a small pet. They are typically shiny black and have a distinctive red hourglass shaped area on their stomachs.

Brown recluse venom destroys the tissues surrounding the bite. With or without treatment, the wound may take weeks to heal. A distinctive fiddle-shaped mark on their back usually identifies brown recluse spiders. Prompt veterinary treatment is recommended if you suspect a venomous spider has bitten your dog.

For more information, please click on Black Widow Spider or Brown Recluse Spider.

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Spider Bite Tips




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me