PetPlace.com Tip on Avoiding Sweetener Toxicity - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tip on Avoiding Sweetener Toxicity

By: J. West

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
Here is a tip from one of our PetPlace.com users:

I was trying to improve my health and chose a natural sweetener called Xylitol to put in my cereal and milk. My 8-year-old Beagle, Travis had always gotten a little of my buckwheat cereal that had been sweetened with honey but when I switched to Xylitol and gave him just a few tablespoons full that were left in my bowl each morning he became very lethargic and did not want to play.

I took him to the Veterinarian and he told me that this natural sweetener is toxic to pets so I stopped giving it to him and he came back to his old playful self but it took about 3 weeks for him to overcome this toxic product. Please don't give your dog human food, as we don't know all about what is toxic to animals.


Do you have a special pet tip? Click here to submit your own dog tips and we may publish and share them with our users!

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Tip on Avoiding Sweetener Toxicity




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me