Liquid potpourri is a common household item that is used with a simmer pot to release fragrances to infuse homes. They are especially common in pet-loving homes to help mask smells.
But be careful. Liquid potpourri is extremely caustic to dogs and cats. It contains essential oils and detergents that are caustic and toxic. Dogs and especially puppies
are exposed by either knocking it over and getting it on their fur which they groom. Some dogs and puppies will actually lick and eat it as it is sweet smelling and warm.
The potpourri is extremely irritation to the mouth, gums, tongue, esophagus and intestinal tract. It can cause severe ulcers, swelling, and pain. Some pets will refuse to eat after exposure requiring a feeding tube.
If you use liquid potpourri – make sure your dog has NO exposure to it. Or to be even safer, use plug in devises that create a scent to minimize your dogs' risk.