PetPlace.com Tip on Fireworks Safety for Your Dog - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tip on Fireworks Safety for Your Dog

By: Courtesy of the ASPCA

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) wants to remind animal lovers and pet parents to use caution during the summer. Here is their tip:

Fireworks aren't very petriotic. Never use fireworks around pets, and keep them stored in an area inaccessible to pets. Says Dr. Hansen, of the ASPCA. "While exposure to lit fireworks can potentially result in severe burns and/or trauma to the face and/or paws of curious pets, even unused fireworks can pose a danger. This is because many types of fireworks contain potentially toxic substances such as potassium nitrate, copper, chlorates, arsenic and other heavy metals."

Comment & Share
Email To A Friend Print

Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

Close

Email to a Friend

Article to eMail
Tip on Fireworks Safety for Your Dog




Thanks!
Close
My Pet
Coming Soon

Tools to Care for Your Pet and
Connect with Others!

Be the First to Know.
Notify Me