PetPlace.com Tips on Non-Toxic Items Dogs Can Eat - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tips on Non-Toxic Items Dogs Can Eat

By: Petplace Staff

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
If your dog is a chewer or gets in to things, you may want to know what is considered dangerous and what is not.

As a generally rule, if it is safe for kids, it is generally not toxic to dogs in small amounts. For example, crayons and play-doh are not toxic when eaten in small amounts. It is important to know how much your pet ate and if any of the container or package was eaten. Although the product may not be toxic, the package can still represent an important danger of an intestinal obstruction.

Commonly ingested non-toxic items may include:

  • Bubble bath soaps
  • Candles
  • Most cosmetics
  • Crayons
  • Deodorants
  • Elmer's glue
  • Hair conditioner
  • Hand lotion
  • Indelible markers
  • Ink
  • Lipstick
  • Magic markers
  • Modeling clay
  • Newspaper – non-colored
  • Pencils (no longer made of lead)
  • Play-Doh
  • Silica gel packets
  • Soap
  • Suntan lotion
  • Superglue

    For a more complete list, please read Non-toxic Items Commonly Ingested by Dogs.

  • Comment & Share
    Email To A Friend Print

    Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

    Close

    Email to a Friend

    Article to eMail
    Tips on Non-Toxic Items Dogs Can Eat




    Thanks!
    Close
    My Pet
    Coming Soon

    Tools to Care for Your Pet and
    Connect with Others!

    Be the First to Know.
    Notify Me