PetPlace.com Tips on Toxic or Dangerous Items Dogs May Eat - Page 1

My Pet: FREE Tools to Care for Your Pet and Connect with Others


Over 10,000 Vet Approved Articles Search All Articles

Tips on Toxic or Dangerous Items Dogs May Eat

By: Dr. Debra Primovic

Read By: Pet Lovers
Email To A Friend Print
You name it and dogs can get into it. Some dogs actually seek out things to chew, eat or destroy. Some items are generally non-toxic and other items can be highly toxic. If your pet got into something and you are not sure if it is a problem, the safest thing to do is to call your veterinarian, local emergency clinic or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Hotline.

Toxic items that dogs may ingest include:

  • Grapes and raisins
  • Gorilla glue
  • Antifreeze
  • Chocolate
  • Cocoa Bean Mulch
  • Cigarettes and cigarette butts
  • Mushrooms
  • Paint balls
  • Potpourri
  • Rat and mouse poisons
  • Slug bait

  • Human medications (blood pressure medications, blood sugar medication, asthma inhalers, antidepressant drugs, aspirin, ibuprofen, and many, many more). Pretty much any medication can be dangerous depending on the dosage and the size of your dog.

  • Some types of chewing gum that contain Xylitol
  • Pennies
  • Yarn, string, ribbon, cassette tape and other similiar items

  • Anything not digestible that can cause an obstruction by getting caught in the stomach or intestines

  • Comment & Share
    Email To A Friend Print

    Dog Photos Enjoy hundreds of beautiful dog photos Let's Be Friends Follow Us On Facebook Follow Us On twitter

    Close

    Email to a Friend

    Article to eMail
    Tips on Toxic or Dangerous Items Dogs May Eat




    Thanks!
    Close
    My Pet
    Coming Soon

    Tools to Care for Your Pet and
    Connect with Others!

    Be the First to Know.
    Notify Me