Vet Tested and Approved - Top Dog Products We LOVE!
Dr. Debra Primovic
There are thousands of pet products on the market today. Estimated to be a $40 billion a year industry, pet products are big business with manufacturers trying to grab on to as much of the pie as possible.
Interestingly, it seems that the pet industry has not been affected by the recession as severely as businesses in other sectors. Pet owners still seem willing to shell out big bucks for products to pamper their pooches. But this is not surprising when we stop to realize that, for many pet owners, their dogs and cats are members of the family.
A while back, we attended some pet industry shows to find the very best new products for pet lovers! So we traveled the country, attending more than a half dozen shows from coast to coast, and we have researched hundreds (probably thousands) of pet products.
We have evaluated these pet products in a variety of ways, some more intensely than others. My friends call it "extreme product testing" because I like to test the product under some very intense conditions. Yes, I'll run over some toys with a car, toss them out a window, throw them in a lake, hit them with a hammer ... you name it and I've probably done it! But I do it for a reason. Most importantly, we want to make sure that the pet products we recommend are safe, durable and appealing to pets.
Here are some of our favorite pet products.
1. Zero Odor - Dogs commonly urinate or make other messes in the house. Vomit, diarrhea and urine are particularly offensive odors that pet owners deal with on a regular basis. There are several products on the market that claim to combat odors, but they just don't work. Some just temporarily mask the smell while others do nothing at all. Zero Odor is different. This product really works. My team and I have tested this product along with dog owners just like you and we really love it. Bottom line, this product works. Zero Odor can eliminate those nasty odors for good.
2. Rapid Bath - Dogs need to be bathed regularly. But when a groomer bathes your dog, it can be quite expensive. We wanted to find a good quality product that lets you quickly and easily bathe your dog at home - and we found it. That product is Rapid Bath. This dog washing system attaches to any faucet, so you can use it to wash your dog in your shower or bathtub, or outside with a garden hose. It requires special shampoo cartridges, and I've been very impressed with the quality of these shampoos that include formulas for soothing, whitening, deep cleaning and allergies. This is a very good product that will bathe your dog in 5 minutes or less.
3. Drinkwell Pet Fountain - It is important that pets drink enough water, but just like us, many pets don't drink enough water to meet the daily recommendations. (After all, how many of us drink eight full 8-oz glasses of water a day?) It is hard to get pets to drink if they don't want to. But the Drinkwell 360 pet fountain can help them drink more. This is a great quality fountain with filtered streaming water. Pets prefer fresh running water. If I were to offer water in a bowl vs. the fountain, dogs go to the fountain. The Drinkwell 360 is recommended for small to medium size dogs weighing less than 50 lbs.
4. Drinkwell Bit Dog - Big dogs need big fountains, and this one is REALLY big! With a reservoir that holds more than 2-gallons of water, this is the largest capacity pet fountain on the market. The Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain is perfect for larger dogs and multi-pet households. Most dogs don't drink enough water, but this fountain can help your dog drink more. This is a great quality fountain with filtered streaming water. Pets prefer fresh running water. If I were to offer water in a bowl vs. the fountain, dogs go to the fountain.
5. Bissell Shedaway -Use this BEFORE the hair winds up on your floors, furniture and clothes. It's mess-free because it sucks the loose hair right into your vacuum. With its universal adapter, the ShedAway will fit most every vacuum. It's a simple solution to your shedding problems.
6. Bissell Pet Pack -The Bissell Pet Pack is an absolute "must have" for dog owners. It's a set of universal vacuum tools designed especially to pick up pet hair, and these attachments will fit any name brand vacuum. These tools are amazing. They have special rotating brushes and rubber "fingers" that grab onto stubborn pet hair and easily vacuum it away. It's like a big pet hair magnet! It's perfect for upholstery, rugs, stairways, cars ... even those annoying "crevices" in between seat cushions.
7. Real Food Toppers - Even finicky eaters can't resist the amazing taste of Real Food Toppers. This healthy all-natural treat comes in two varieties: Pure Chicken Breast and Pure Wild Salmon. These all-meat treats are made from the same human-grade meats served in restaurants. It's low in sodium, has no added sugar or fillers and is perfect for dogs with health issues like obesity, diabetes and allergies. Serve dry or wet.
8. Dog Sitter DVD - Do you feel guilty about leaving your dog home alone? Well, now you don't have to. You can turn your dog's lonely day into a fun-filled adventure with the Dog Sitter DVD Fun Pack. This amazing DVD will keep your dog happy, content and engaged for hours on end. Your dog will feel like he's outside in the great outdoors. He may not even notice you're gone! Your dog will have tons of fun playing with all his new video pals – squirrels, wild geese, raccoons, cats, mice and other dogs. Made especially for dogs, this DVD features stereo surround sound including some sounds only your dog can hear. So while you're away, your dog can PLAY!