Our question this week was:My Yorkie Pomeranian cross dog ate a round piece of bubble gum. He swallowed it whole. Will it hurt him? Should I be worried?
Hi Stacie– thanks for your email. Bubble gum does not cause a problem in most dogs. It will probably soften as it gets to his stomach and he should pass it on though.
Signs of a problem would be vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite and/or abdominal pain.
An article that might be helpful to you is Dangerous Foods: Are They Harmful to Your Dog?
and Gastrointestinal Foreign Bodies in Dogs
Best of luck!
To read most recent questions Click here!Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!