Emergencies happen every day. Being prepared can greatly increase the likelihood of a successful outcome. To help you learn what you can do when faced with a crisis, we have compiled a list of important and informative articles. This is only meant as a guide. If your pet is injured or ill, please seek consultation with your veterinarian.How to Perform CPR
– Hopefully you will not need these skills but learning how to perform basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation can save your dog's life. What to Do If Your Pet is Choking
– Since your pet cannot talk to you, learning the signs of choking and what to do for your dog can greatly help.What are the Normal Vital Signs
– Learn what is normal for your dog. This way, you can be better able to determine if something is wrong. How to Apply a Bandage
– Learning how to apply a bandage to your dog takes some practice. Too loose or too tight can result in even more damage. How to Take Your Dog's Temperature
– Taking your pet's temperature is certainly not a favorite task but is extremely helpful in determining the extent of your pet's illness. How to Give Medication
– Many injured or ill pets will need medication. Learn how to give medication quickly and easily to your dog.
Some common emergencies can be initially treated at home. On the following pages we have listed emergencies you may encounter.