Tips on Bird Toxins

Birds have very sensitive respiratory tracts and should not be housed in a kitchen. Food that is burnt in a non-stick coated pan can create fumes that are harmful or even fatal. Fumes from self-cleaning ovens can also result in severe illness.

In addition to fumes, at least one type of food, the avocado, should never be given to bird. It can have devastating results.

For more information on bird toxicity, see Household Items that Can Make Your Bird Sick.

number-of-posts0 paws up