Pet insurance is growing in popularity as owners learn about the benefits of what having coverage for their pet can mean. Pet insurance can help pet owners pay for costly pet care when their pet becomes ill, is injured or even for wellness visits such as vaccinations.
13 reasons to have pet insurance? Here is the list:
1. You want the best for your cat.
2. You might not be able to afford a large, unexpected, expense.
3. Early diagnosis is critical. You want to be able to take your pet to the vet at the first sign of a problem, not wait until things get really bad because you’re worried about the cost.
4. You can see any licensed vet and know you’ll be reimbursed.
5. Trips to an emergency clinic or a specialist can be expensive. Pet Insurance covers both.
6. Many pet insurance companies offer discounts if your pet is spayed or neutered, if you have multiple pets on the policy, or if you pay annually.
7. Wellness care options help you pay for routine care items like flea control, heartworm prevention, and vaccines.
8. Need to have your pet spayed or neutered? Microchipped? A dental cleaning? Wellness care options can help pay for those too.
9. Chronic conditions, like allergies and diabetes, can be covered for the life of your pet.
10. Prefer eastern medicine or alternative therapies? Many pet insurance companies cover them!
11. You don’t want to have to dip into savings or rack up credit card debt to pay for your pet’s veterinary care.
12. Once your pet is covered, they’re covered for life. You don’t have to worry about them being dropped as they get older or if they have a lot of claims.
13. Pet insurance is flexible. Most companies allow you to select the coverage that fits both your budget and your needs.
As a veterinarian – I really like how pet insurance helps cat owners do the best for their cats without worrying about medical care costs. Most veterinarians have euthanized hundreds, if not thousands, of pets because their owners could not afford the care. This is the #1 reason I personally recommend pet insurance. It helps me give the best medical care for my patients.
Is Pet Insurance Right For You?
Can you afford a $1,000 vet bill? Medical care for pets, including emergency care, diagnostic tests and treatment options, is becoming increasingly more sophisticated and more expensive.
Did You Know? 4 out of 5 pets will have a medical emergency in their lifetime, and every six seconds a pet owner will face a veterinary bill of $1,000 or more.
Visit MyPetInsurance and get a quote today to see if pet insurance is right for you.
Are you pet crazy? Sign up for our email newsletter and get the latest health and wellness info, useful tips, product recalls, fun stuff, and so much more!