My cat licked some chocolate – Will he be okay?

My cat licked some chocolate – Will he be okay?

PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.

Our question this week was:

Dr. Debra – My cat licked some chocolate off of a snickers bar – that was part of Halloween candy that we were going to give out. I know chocolate is toxic to dogs but I wasn’t sure about cats. Will he be okay?

Lena Z.


Hi – thanks for your email. You wrote that your cat licked some chocolate and wonder if he will be okay. Yes, he should be fine. An article that might be helpful to you is Is chocolate bad for cats?

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Cat Care

Guide to Behavior Problems in Kittens

Next Article button