A plethora of posh, pink pet products are hitting store shelves just in time for Valentine’s Day. In addition to their focus on style, fashion and fun, many of them also donate proceeds to charitable organizations. So this Valentine’s Day you can show your pet you love them as well as your support for worthy causes!
The amount of pet owners who purchase gifts for their pets is growing rapidly. It’s anticipated that more than nine million pet owners will purchase a Valentine’s gift for their pet this year according to the 2005-2006 American Pet Product Manufacturers Association (APPMA) National Pet Owners Survey.
APPMA has compiled some of the hottest pink pet products as well as other great gift ideas for pets this Valentine’s Day:
- Celltei offers pink Swarovski heart-shaped pet charms with matching human necklaces and earrings as well as pink heart-shaped leather carrier. www.celltei.com
- Petmate’s Pampered Pink products are the perfect way to show your pet how much they are loved. The line features a heart shaped bed, portable pet home, kennel cab, and stainless style bowls, all in pink of course! Visit www.petmate.com
- With Planet Dog’s Pink Ribbon Ringo you can give a gift twice. Every sale of the Ribbon Ringo helps support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The rubber ball is great for fetching, romping and playing. For each Ribbon Ringo sold, Planet Dog will donate a minimum of $0.45 to the Komen Foundation with a minimum guaranteed donation of $10,000. www.planetdog.com
- Veterinary Ventures, Inc. also donates proceeds from the sale of its new pink Drinkwell® Original Pet Fountain to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The Drinkwell® is the only pet fountain developed by a veterinarian and features a patented free-falling stream of water which encourages pets to drink more water, keeping them happy, health and hydrated. www.petfountain.com
- Casco’s BABY biOrb smart aquarium comes in pastel pink. Requiring just 4 gallons of water, it is ideal for novice fish keepers or those with limited space. The BABY biOrb is virtually self cleaning- something all fish owners will love!The acrylic aquarium comes with stylish tops and bottoms in four different colors in addition to pink. www.biorbusa.com
- Crunchkins has released a line of pink and red Crunch Cards for Valentines Day. The edible greetings cards are made from a flattened rawhide panel and printed with edible ink. They feature sentiments such as “Love and Licks,” “I Ruff You,” and “The Call it Puppy Love.”www.crunchkins.com.
- Pink and white Love EEEKs! Cat Toys from Fat Cat Inc. are designed especially for the Valentine’s Day holiday. These irresistible cat toys are just the perfect size to toss and chase, and they’ve been packed with our organic zoom around the room catnip and a teensy little rattle that no kitty can resist.www.fatcatinc.com.
- Doggles Comfort Heart™ is a pink heart-shaped pillow that is digitally enhanced with a mother’s heartbeat set on a 30-minute timer. The pillow is 15 inches tall and perfect for comforting new puppies or providing extra emotional support to adult dogs that might suffer from separation anxiety. Doggles also offers pink human and pet matching sunglasses, pink Doggles, pink hats, clothing and accessories and heart shaped collar charms. www.Doggles.com
- Park Avenue Paws (Paws Wholesale) has released an Engraved Sweetheart, a beautiful fully customizable charm. Small and large hearts with red Swarovski crystals are ideal for Valentines Day but many shapes and colored stones are available.www.parkavepaws.com
- Cain & Able Collection launches their new line of Doggie Dental Products, entitled “Kiss-Able” . The Kiss-Able like will feature a toothbrush and an all natural vanilla toothpaste just in time to make your dog lovable and kissable for Valentines Day!
- Treat your pet with LoveDrops, the natural alternative for dogs and cats from Brewers Yeast Specialists. These premium heart shaped supplements are enriched with brewers yeast, omega 3 fatty acids, rose hips, garlic, antioxidants and zinc. LoveDrops are also available in designer packaging and gift bags perfect for the holidays.www.byslovedrops.com
The American Pet Products Manufacturer’s Association (APPMA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPMA membership includes more than 900 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPMA’s mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.appma.org for more information.