Tip on Preventing Mothball Toxicity

Tip on Preventing Mothball Toxicity

Mothballs can be toxic to cats. Mothballs are generally used to repel moths that destroy clothing. Mothballs contain naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene. These ingredients can be formulated into cakes, balls, or flakes. As little as one mothball can potentially result in significant illness in an average-sized cat.

Depending on the amount ingested signs of toxicity include: lethargy, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, lack of appetite, seizures and/or coma.

Keep mothballs or moth prevention products stored away from your kitty.

For more information mothball ingestion, please read Moth Repellent Product Poisonings.

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Cat Care

Tips on Winter Holiday Hazards for Cats

Next Article button