Tip on Safety Tips for Pour-on Flea Control Products for Cats
Safety Tips for "Pour On" Flea Medications:
- Use products ONLY as directed.
- Never apply dog flea medication to a cat!
- Apply medication to an area where your pet can't reach to lick.
- Use the product recommended for the weight of your pet.
- Do not combine flea products unless instructed by your veterinarian. Incorrect combinations can cause toxicity!
- If you use over-the-counter medications, use only as directed. Take very special care to monitor cats and small dogs for 24 hours after administration if using a product containing permethrin or pyrethrin.
For more information please read Dog and Cat Fleas: Pour-on Products to Kill Fleas.