Tips on Adopting a Cat from a Shelter
Are you thinking about getting a new kitty? Are you considering getting him from a shelter?
Shelters and humane societies are great places to find a new friend. Before you go, consider these tips to determine if the shelter is right for you.
1. Look at the facility. Is it clean? Does it smell? The cleaner the better as several diseases can be transmitted by poor sanitation and ventilation.
2. Is the staff knowledgeable and professional? Do they seem to care about their pets?
3. What is their adoption procedure?
4. Does the shelter have a veterinarian that cares for the cats? If so, what kind of care do they get?
5. What is their health guarantee or return policy?