Tips on Car Traveling With Your Cat
If you are taking your cat on a car ride for any reason, please be safe by following these safety tips.
- Keep your cat in a pet taxi where he or she feels safe. Besides feeling safe, cat are safer in a taxi or crate. In the case of an accident, if they are in a confined crate – they can't run away. A cat that is allowed to run free in the car can cause accidents by getting under the gas or brake pedals.
- Make sure there is a blanket or towel in the bottom of the crate or taxi to keep your cat comfortable.
- Maintain the temperature of the car so that it is not too warm or too cool. It should be comfortable for both you and your cat.
- NEVER leave your cat in the car unattended. Cats can be scared and can suffer from heat stroke!
- If the trip is long, take a long a litterbox, food and water.
For more information, please read Traveling with Your Cat.