Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity

Tips on Easter Lily Toxicity

Easter lilies have been found to be toxic to cats. The primary toxic effects are on the kidneys. Within minutes to hours of ingesting some of the lily plant, a cat may stop eating, begin vomiting, and become dehydrated and lethargic. If no treatment is given, rapid and severe kidney failure occurs in a matter of days. All parts of the lily are considered toxic. If your cat has ingested part of a lily plant, rapid veterinary care is strongly recommended.

For more information, please read this article.

 

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Cat Care

How to Keep Your House From Smelling Like a Litter Box

Next Article button