Tips on Lost Cats
Some cats run away or get outside, becoming lost to us. It is a stressful time. Here are some tips on what you can do:
- If your cat has an ID tag with your phone number, make sure someone says near the phone.
- If your cat is microchipped, call the microchip company and alert them that your pet is lost.
- Call your local veterinarian to let them know and also ask them to keep you in mind in case someone calls that has found your cat.
- Find a photo of your cat and make a flyer that shows a picture of your cat. Be sure to label as lost or missing and include your phone number. If possible, offer a reward. Post the flyers around your town.
- Call your local humane societies and shelters.
- GO to your local humane societies and shelters. Calling alone is not going to work. You need to go and go often looking for new cats that come in.
For more information on grieving and pet loss, please read What to do If Your Cat is Lost.