Tips on Summer Holiday Hazards for Cats
Being conscious of potential pet hazards during the holidays can increase the chances of having a safe and happy holiday!
Most summertime holidays revolve around pool parties, tailgate parties and barbeques. Fireworks may also be involved.
- Be aware that pets can fall into pools and drown.
- Fireworks can cause burns or severe gastrointestinal inflammation if ingested.
- Serious intestinal problems can occur if many table scraps are fed.
- Ingestion of charcoal and lighter fluid can be damaging.
- Fishhooks are tempting and, if loaded with bait, quite tasty snacks.
- If cooling off and rest time is not allowed, over heating and potential heatstroke can occur.
To learn more, read Summer Hazards.