There are thousands of pet products on the market today. Estimated to be a $40 billion a year industry, pet products are big business with manufacturers who are trying to grab on to as much of the pie as possible.
Interestingly, it seems that the pet industry has not been affected by the recession as severely as businesses in other sectors. Pet owners still seem willing to shell out big bucks for products to pamper their kitties. But this is not surprising when we stop to realize that, for many pet owners, their pets are members of the family.
A while back, we attended some pet industry shows to find the very best new products for pet lovers! So we traveled the country, attending more than a half dozen shows from coast to coast, and we have researched hundreds (probably thousands) of pet products.
We have evaluated these pet products in a variety of ways, some more intensely than others.
My friends call it “extreme product testing” because I like to test the product under some very intense conditions. Yes, I’ll run over some toys with a car, toss them out a window, throw them in a lake, hit them with a hammer … you name it and I’ve probably done it! But I do it for a reason. Most importantly, we want to make sure that the pet products we recommend are safe, durable and appealing to pets. Here are some of our favorite pet products.
1. Zero Odor- Litter box odor can be unbearable. Cats sometimes urinate outside of the litter box. They may also “spray” and have occasional “accidents”. Vomit, diarrhea and urine are particularly offensive odors that cat owners deal with on a regular basis. There are several products on the market that claim to combat odors, but they just don’t work. Some will temporarily mask the smell while others do nothing at all. Zero Odor is different. This product really works. My team and I have tested this product along with cat owners just like you and we really love it. Bottom line, this product works. Zero Odor can eliminate those nasty odors for good. For more information, go to: Zero Odor for Cats.
2. Drinkwell 360- It is important that all pets drink enough water, but this is especially true for cats. Just like us, many pets don’t drink enough water to meet their daily recommendations. (After all, how many of us drink eight full 8-oz glasses of water a day?) It is hard to get pets to drink if they don’t want to. But the Drinkwell 360 pet fountain can help them drink more. This is a great quality fountain with filtered streaming water. Cats prefer fresh running water. If I were to offer water in a bowl vs. the fountain, cats will go to the fountain.
3. The Undercover Mouse – is my favorite cat toy. Do you know how some cats like to play the finger game? This is basically the same thing … but better. The toy has a piece of fabric with a rotating arm underneath that moves in random motions to entice cats to chase and play. The cats I’ve tested it on just LOVE it. And it’s so funny to watch!
4. Fling-ama-String – This is my second favorite cat toy. Cats love to play with strings, and Fling-ama-String is the ultimate string toy. It attaches to any doorknob. The toy’s rotating band continually tosses out a string and pulls it back in again … and cats just LOVE it. The biggest complaint that we get from cat owners is that they go through a lot of batteries because their cats love it so much!
5. Bissell Pet Pack – is an absolute “must have” for cat owners. It’s a set of universal vacuum tools designed especially to pick up pet hair, and these attachments will fit any name brand vacuum. These tools are amazing. They have special rotating brushes and rubber “fingers” that grab onto stubborn pet hair and easily vacuum it away. It’s like a big pet hair magnet! It’s perfect for upholstery, rugs, stairways, cars … even those annoying “crevices” in between seat cushions.
6. Cat Sitter DVD – Do you feel guilty about leaving your cat home alone? Well, now you don’t have to. You can turn your cat’s lonely day into a fun-filled adventure with the Cat Sitter DVD. This amazing DVD will make your kitty feel like he’s outside in the great outdoors where he can stalk and hunt prey or hang out and play with all his new video pals – mice, fish, birds, squirrels, butterflies and more. This DVD will keep your cat happy, content and engaged for hours on end. He’ll have so much fun, he may not even notice you’re gone! Made especially for cats with stereo surround sound, with this DVD your cat can play while you’re away!
7. The SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box is as functional as it is stylish, and it’s a litter box that both you and your kitty will love. Your cat will love the roomy comfort and the easy access entry. It’s made of durable plastic that’s easy to clean, and you’ll love the way its unusual design cuts down on litter tracking.
8. The Bolt Laser toy – This automated laser toy is really a blast. It will really keep your cat entertained, even when you don’t have time to play along. Just set the timer and BOLT will run an automated 15-minute laser chase program. Cats just love to chase things, and BOLT is the ultimate chase toy. It’s a great way to keep your cat active, happy and fit.
9. Music My Pet CD – The Music My Pet CD is made by the same people who brought you Disney’s Baby Einstein. This beautiful music was designed to help pets relax (but pet owners love it, too). The classical music tracks on this CD were created using only those sounds and instruments that have been proven to be soothing to pets.
10. The FURminator – is simply the best deshedding comb we’ve ever seen. This tool really works. It can reduce shedding by as much as 90%. In fact, we did a survey of vet techs and this was their favorite cat-grooming product. It is amazing to see the amount of hair this tool can remove from a pet!
11. Laxtone – Another great way to reduce hairballs is to give your cat Laxatone, a safe and gentle hairball treatment that tastes great. Laxatone has been recommended by veterinarians for more than 25 years because it helps cats safely pass clumps of swallowed hair through their digestive system.
12. Cat Trees – Bored cats have more behavioral problems. To be happy, cats need to climb, scratch, perch, nap, hide and play – and they can do all that and more with these amazing cat trees from Cat Life. There are 4 different sizes, all beautifully crafted and easy to assemble. They can really add a lot of fun and interest to your indoor cat’s life.
13. Thermo-Kitty Sill – This warm and comfy window bed will really enrich your cat’s environment. Cats seek out warm spots, and there’s no better spot for a nice warm bed than in front of a window with a view to the outside world. This heated window bed features a removable heater and washable faux lambskin cover. It easily attaches to any window in your home, and the bed section is easily removable, so you can use it on any flat surface.
14. Tiger Dreamz Trundle Bed – This luxuriously soft faux fur bed is the perfect way to pamper your cat. The Tiger Dreamz 3-in-1 Trundle Bed has a convertible design that you can use in 3 different ways: as a flat mat or blanket, as a cup-shaped bed, or as a comfy “tunnel” shaped sleeping bag. This bed feels as luxurous as real fur, but it’s machine washable.
15. Firstrax Deluxe Window Chaise – This chaise lounge is truly exquisite. The padded seat and stylish bolsters are covered with rich designer fabrics that give it a chic high-end look. The sleek stainless steel legs easily attach to your window to give your pampered kitty a great seat with a view to the outside world. Covers are removable for washing.
16. Cat-Man Doo Bonito Flakes – Bonito Flakes are plump, all-natural fish flakes that cats really crave. In fact, cats love them so much they’ll do just about anything to get them. Some cat owners have even taught their cats to sit up and beg for them. I’ve tested them on several cats that generally don’t like treats and they really loved these!
17. Real Food Toppers – Even finicky eaters can’t resist the amazing taste of Real Food Toppers. This healthy all-natural treat comes in two varieties: Pure Chicken Breast and Pure Wild Salmon. These all-meat treats are made from the same human-grade meats served in restaurants. It’s low in sodium, has no added sugar or fillers and is perfect for cats with health issues like obesity, diabetes and allergies. Serve dry or wet.
18. Panic Mouse – Random movements and multiple speed settings make this interactive toy a real favorite. Cats love to chase, stalk and pounce on the dangling prey because it satisfies their natural hunting instincts. Helps keep cats active and entertained.
19. Yeooww Catnip Cigar Toy – This is my favorite catnip toy. This cigar shaped toy is filled with Yeowww!® 100% pure organic catnip – the most potent catnip in the world. It’s irresistible to cats. Handmade right here in the USA, this cute little catnip toy is the perfect size and shape for some really good bunny kicking!
20. Nutri-vet Salmon Oil – Filled with nourishing omega fatty acids and antioxidants, Nutri-Vet Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil can really help your cat thrive. It has a delicious salmon taste that cats love and it will help keep your cat healthy by promoting strong immune, cardiovascular and nervous systems. This product also helps reduce shedding and hairballs, and gives your cat a lush, shiny coat.