There are many benefits to cat ownership – their companionship and love just to make a few but there are also some inconveniences. The biggest one that every cat owner knows is keeping a clean home with a cat is difficult.
If you’re still looking for tricks to improve the level of cleanliness of your house or apartment, here are some proven tips to clean your home.
Proven Tips for Cleaning Cat Hair
Pet hair is probably the biggest problem. If you enjoy living with a long-haired cat, you know that hair is everywhere, even immediately after cleaning. In order to avoid the intensive shed of your cat’s hair and clean it easier, you need to:
- Groom your cat on a regular basis, Brush your cat on a regular basis. A Furminator grooming tool is amazing to help remove the undercoat.
- Always have a pet hair lint roller. This item is your best friend (right after your cat of course). You can use it to clean your clothes or your furniture.
- A cheap option to clean your upholstery is to wrap a tape around your fingers and clean the fabrics pressing the sticky side to them. You can have the same result using a damp rubber glove.
- Spray the wood shelves with anti-static furniture polish. Before you buy a new cleaning product, make sure it’s safe for your cat.
- Create a schedule and vacuum your place at least twice a week.
- Keep in mind that regular vacuuming will not remove the allergens. In order to get rid of them you need to hire professional help. Find a local company which provides eco-friendly home cleaning. My advice is to look for a company with water extracting machine, as it’s the best way to clean carpets and furniture.
Proven Steps for Pet Stain Removal
Your cat has left a stain on your furniture or floor at least once. All cats have accidents. It may be a little vomit on an upholstered chair or rug or maybe a diarrhea accident. You know how unpleasant the smell is, but it’s not just that. It’s more than difficult to remove the stain. Here is what you can do in order to remove the stain and odor.
- If you prefer home made solutions. You can mix vinegar with baking soda. This simple mix can do miracles. Mix 1:1 white vinegar with water and add four spoons of baking soda. Fill in a spray bottle and apply on the stain. Then rub with a clean cloth.
- Another recipe for home made cleaning product is adding a mix of water, white vinegar and gentle dish-washing soap. Spray the area and dab the spot with a cloth to remove it.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Cover the stain with a clean cloth and splash baking soda over it. Mix hydrogen peroxide with one spoon dish-washing soap. Pour it over the baking soda. Leave for twenty minutes and scrub the spot slowly.
- Some cats and cats love to stare out the window, and they leave marks from their paws or noses. Fortunately, window cleaning is one of the easiest cleaning chores. There is an easy way to do it using a natural window cleaning solution. You only need to mix lemon juice, white vinegar and water. Spray on the dirty windows and use newspaper to clean the glass surface.
Cats are true friends of people, they help us reduce stress and feel happy. Cats help avoiding heart attacks, cats lower blood pressure. While there are so many benefits of owning a cat, the mess is just a small inconvenience that can be accepted and easily handled.