Cat vomiting , ate a plant

Cat vomiting , ate a plant

Our question this week was:

My cat is throwing up clear goo. In the throw up there was a leaf. What should I do? Is it serious?

Jenny Lopez

Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. Your email indicated that your cat is vomiting and one of the vomits had a plant leaf in it.

Do you know what kind of leaf it is? If the leaf is toxic, such as an Easter lily, I’d very concerned. Many cats will eat plants and vomit. If the vomiting continues, I’d recommend seeing your vet immediately.

An article that might be helpful to you is on our Petplace.com is “Dealing with Cats that Eat plants“, “Vomiting in Cats” and “Gastritis in Cats

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra

To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!

 

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Vet Q&A

How long do I need to wait to have my cat spayed after she has kittens?

Next Article button