What should you know about first aid that could save your cat's life? As a veterinarian working in emergency clinic for years, there are things that you should know that can save your cats life.
Here they are:
1. Behavior knowledge – You need to know what to expect from an injured pet to prevent injury to yourself.
2. Vet phone number and address – You quickly need to know who to call and where to go.
3. Phone number of an animal loving friend – In some situations (if a pet is lost or you are trying to transport and injured pet) you need a friend's help.
4. CPR – Cardiopulmonary resuscitation can save your pets life in some circumstances.
5. Heimlich maneuver can help save pets from a choking episode.
6. How to bandage – This can be easy to do and it is important to protect a wound.
7. How to stop bleeding – Gentle pressure is the best way to stop bleeding.
8. Towel or blankets – These can be used to cover wounds or help you pick up a pet.
9. Strong blanket – This can help you transport a pet.
10. Finances – Finally, it is important to be able to take financial responsibility for your own injured pet. Many clinics do not allow payment plans but do accept credit cards. Be prepared with the resources to cover treatment, or consider pet insurance.
Go to this link it will give you more details on first aid, such as CPR and what you need to know. Go to: First Aid – Top 10 Things to Know for Cats.