Please fill the local phone numbers below and print this page to keep it as a resource in the case of an emergency with your dog.
Local Emergency Numbers
My Veterinarian ———————————————–
My Local Veterinary Emergency Clinic —————–
Poison Centers for Dogs
When you call, they will want to know the age, breed, sex, and weight of your pet as well as what he ate, how much, and when he ate it. If possible, it is important to have the package label from the poison available during the call.
- ASPCA National Animal Poison Center – there is a $ 50.00 charge per case that allows as many follow -ups as necessary.1-888-4 ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4425)
Credit card: VISA, MC, Discover, or American Express
1-888-299-2973 – for Follow-up calls
- The Animal Poison Hotline – there is a $ 35.00 charge per incident, includes follow-ups till the case is resolved.1-888-232-8870
Sponsored by North Shore Animal League America and PROSAR International Animal Poison Center (IAPC).
Lost Pet (Dog) Recovery Services
Call you local shelters, emergency clinics, humane societies, and any service that provides identification for your pet.
- AVID. 1-800-336-2843.
- AKC Home Again. 800-252-7894; Fax: 919-233-1290
To report a lost pet, please call the AKC-Companion Animal Recovery team’s Recovery Hotline Press ‘1’ for a recovery coordinator. Please have the pet’s microchip or tattoo identification number ready.
- Identapet. 856.786.8897
- National Dog Registry. 800-NDR-DOGS
- Tattoo-a-Pet. 800-TAT-TOOS (1-800-828-8667)
Pet Loss & Grief Counseling
Below are some numbers as well as some websites that might be helpful.
- ASPCA Grief Counseling. 212-876-7700 ext. 4355; pager 800-946-4646, PIN 1407211
- Iams Pet Loss Support Center. 888-332-7738 (Monday-Saturday 8am-8pm)
- Pet Loss Support Hotline at the University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine. 1-800- 565-1526.
- Pet Loss and Human Bereavement Education Program at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. 1-614.292.1823
- Pet Loss Support Hotline-Staffed by Tufts University veterinary. 508-839-7966 studentshttp://www.tufts.edu/vet/petloss
- Iowa State University Pet-Loss Support Hotline. 888-478-7574 http://www.vetmed.iastate.edu/animals/petloss
- Pet Loss Support Hotline, Cornell University. 607-253-3932 http://web.vet.cornell.edu/public/petloss
- University of Florida Pet Loss Support Hotline. 352-392-4700 ext. 4080 (calls returned 7:00-9:00 pm) http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/vmth/companions.htm
www.aplb.org (Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement)
www.alln.org (Pet love & Loss network)
Is Pet Insurance Right for you?
The best pet insurance offers coverage that’s broad enough for whatever care your pet needs and with enough options to get the perfect coverage for you and your pet.
Are you pet crazy? Sign up for our email newsletter and get the latest health and wellness info, useful tips, product recalls, fun stuff, and so much more!